Fight for Sight Partnership Fund
Fight for Sight, the UK’s leading charity funding pioneering research to prevent sight loss and treat eye disease, is now seeking expressions of interest from potential partners looking for co-funding for exceptional projects related to eye research.
As set out in its research strategy for 2012-17, Fight for Sight has established a new Partnership Fund to enable it to co-fund eye research projects, including clinical studies and capital projects related to eye research. Expressions of interest are sought from prospective partners who may be:
1) Researchers at UK universities and hospitals looking to put together a consortium of funding parties;
2) UK based charities or other funding bodies (government or non-government) looking to partner with Fight for Sight to make a specific call for applications in a particular area of eye research;
3) Biotech and pharma companies wishing to co-fund eye research programmes at UK universities and hospitals; and
4) UK universities or hospitals looking for capital funding for eye research facilities in conjunction with other funders.
The Fight for Sight Partnership Fund currently stands at £250k and applications are sought for up to this amount. It is expected that the partner(s) will at least match the amount applied for.
When considering applications Fight for Sight will take into account its research priorities for 2012-2017 and the priorities of the Sight Loss and Vision Priority Setting Partnership (www.sightlosspsp.org.uk).
Applications should extend to no more than two sides of A4 and include the following information:
1) Details of proposed partner(s)
2) Why the funding is required
3) Amount of funding requested
4) Proposed timetable for funding
Fight for Sight’s Grants Committee will review the expressions of interest in October 2013 and select the proposals that they wish to take forward. Peer review processes will be applied as appropriate.
This call is now closed for 2013.